Union printing is a special service that only particular screen printing shops are qualified to provide. Union printing shops provide screen printing services and belong to a union and are allowed to produce screen printed goods to other unions and members of unions.
STL Shirt Co is proud to be a union shop. We offer union printing services for all your union’s screen printing and garment needs and unions in the Springfield community and throughout the country, in industries ranging from fire departments, autoworkers, and tradesmen, have relied on us as their official union printing provider for years.
Shopping From A Union Printing Shop
You do not have to represent a union or be a member of a union in order to benefit from our services as a union printing shop! In fact, whether or not you are part of an organized union, sharing your home with STL Shirt Co., a unionized screen printing shop enriches its community on multiple levels.
Shopping at the union shop serving Springfield, MO for your screen printing and embroidery services guarantees that you’ll receive great quality print work every time. Patronizing a union print shop for your Springfield, MO printing needs rather than a non-union shop, is a way for you to support better working conditions and the local economy. The topic of unions can be a divisive topic and people have differing opinions, but when it comes to searching for the best screen printing services offered to the Springfield, MO area for any need, STL Shirt Co. is the answer for you, whether you are a union member or not.
Reasons to choose a union printing shop:
- Capability: Union shops keep up with printing industry standards. We are up on the newest trends, techniques. Our industry-leading equipment and skilled employees produce some of the best quality screen printing work you can find.
- Quality: To our last point, union screen printing shops produce top quality work. We take pride in our work. In fact, we mark each piece we produce with a label, known as a union bug, to show off our union affiliation and to guarantee the quality of our work.
- Turnaround: Union printing shops understand the time-sensitivity of certain orders and have the capability to produce large orders quickly. When you need an order of 300 shirts last minute for your union event, we can handle that. Just put in a rush order.
- Support of workers: By choosing to bring your business to a union printing shop, you are supporting an establishment that provides above-standard working conditions and employs skilled workers. Your business helps us support our union screen printing workers with fair pay and benefits, which in turn supports our local community and the US economy.
Our other services near you include:
- T-Shirt Fulfillment Services
- Rush Order T-Shirts
- Contract Embroidery
- Union Embroidery Shop
- Online Apparel Store Fundraiser
- Baseball Uniforms
- Custom Hats
- Screen Printing
- Custom Jerseys
Made in the USA
Union customers have some extra requirements when it comes to working with other businesses. We have a clear understanding of union requirements and guidelines for purchasing goods and services from other businesses. We know how important it is to a union organization to source materials, labor, and goods from the United States. Selecting a union print shop that serves Springfield, MO to fill your screen printing order means that everything will be done as locally as possible. All of our printing is done right here in St. Louis, Missouri. We print on the best quality garments, which are made in the USA whenever possible./p>
Union Printing Requirements
To be allowed to do union printing, a screen printing shop must meet certain requirements. STL Shirt Co.’s employees are members of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) Allied Printing Union Local 6300. This allows our screen printing shop to do work for unions in all industries throughout the country.
To let union customers know that their t-shirts, hats, polos, or other screen printed apparel was produced by an actual union printing shop, a union bug is printed on all union printing orders. A union bug is a small label of the printing union logo that is responsible for the item. It is an endorsement of quality and craftsmanship, and states that the product is entirely union-made in regards to the printing process. While some other screen printers may try to advertise themselves using the word “union,” only a printing shop that belongs to a union is legally allowed to print the union bug on their products. So, to make sure your t-shirt or other printed garment was created by a legitimate union printing shop, look for the union bug.